Even though I profess to be a creativity evangelist it’s not just me arguing the case for creativity’s positive impact on aging, brain health, and the development of critical and creativity thinking skills. Check out these other sources:
- Aroha Philanthropies–is devoted to the transformative power of the arts and creativity, inspiring vitality in those over 55, joy in children and youth, and humanity in adults with mental illness. Artful Aging provides resources and the science behind their belief in the transformative power of creativity.
- The NCCA- The National Center for Creative Aging– an organization dedicated to promoting the vital link between creative expression and healthy aging. The NCCA developed a Creative Caregiving Initiative with creativity modules for Caregivers and their loved ones.
- Ira Glass of This American Life has such a great take on the process of creativity
- The very word “creativity” can be intimidating. Be Brave. Lose the Beige wants to make creativity more accessible to everyone. Check out Doodle for Your Noodle by clicking here- http://bebravelosethebeige.com/2015/04/29/doodle-for-your-noodle/
- Coloring Books for Grownups. Yes, that’s right, coloring books for grownups are all the rage right now- http://bebravelosethebeige.com/2015/05/30/coloring-books-for-grown-ups/
- Failure is glorified in Silicon Valley. Check out Failure Is Another Word for Creativity- http://bebravelosethebeige.com/2014/02/28/failure-is-another-word-for-creativity/
- Some believe creativity is all about creating beautiful art and music. Creativity is also about taking the drudgery out of every day tasks. Check out Creativity Relieves Boredom- http://bebravelosethebeige.com/2010/02/01/creativity-relieves-boredom/
Books on Creativity:
- Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert
- It’s Never Too Late to Begin Again: Discovering Creativity and Meaning At Midlife and Beyond by Julia Cameron
- inGenius: A Crash Course on Creativity by Tina Seelig, Ph.D.
Caregiver Tips and Resources:
- The Arts as a Beacon of Hope- http://bebravelosethebeige.com/2016/01/21/the-arts-as-a-beacon-of-hope/
- Caregivers Living In Color- http://bebravelosethebeige.com/2015/11/10/caregivers-living-in-color/
- The Conversation Project- an organization dedicated to helping people talk about their wishes for end-of-life care- http://www.creativeaging.org/
- The Winter Park Health Foundation- A recognized leader developing and implementing innovative programs that improve the quality of life and the health of our community- http://www.wphf.org/
- Neighbors Network- Neighbors helping neighbors stay independent, active and connected. – http://www.neighborsnetworkfl.org/